A Vehicle is used to move individuals, goods/shipments, or tools from point A to B. It is composed of, at least, one engine and one trailer (except for manual/self-powered vehicles).
Vehicles can have the following configurations:
- A structure where there is a hard-join, meaning that the engine and trailer are joined by the chassis (single-unit vehicle)
- A structure where a tractor (engine) could have more than one trailer attached to it (multi-unit vehicle).
The Platform stores information about the specifics of a Vehicle in the Vehicle's Attribute. This includes information such as whether the Vehicle operates in the air, on the land, or on the sea and the type of fuel that the Vehicle uses, such as compressed natural gas, petrol, and electricity.
To start using Vehicle API, your typical workflow is
- If required, modify the default Vehicle Attributes or add new Attributes to a Vehicle.
- Add or modify the Vehicle Category Templates.
- Create a Vehicle or modify the names of existing ones without changing any other Attributes.
- Identify the state of the Vehicle and update it if required.
This documentation provide an overview of the Vehicle API including some of the core endpoints of the API. For more information about the complete set of endpoints available, see the Vehicle API References.
The Vehicle API workflow will be broadly explained in the following topics:
Updated 3 months ago