The Facility API focuses on onboarding 'Facilities'. To do that, you first need to add a 'Property' that is a physical location (address, geo-location) of a building, compound, etc. that will host one or more facilities.
A Facility is an operating entity where logistical transactions such as storage and distribution of shipments are performed inside a Property. Pickup Center and Transit Hub are examples of a Facility in a logistics network. A Property can house one or more facilities. However, a Facility can be mapped to one Property at a time.
To start using Facility API, the typical workflow is
- If required, modify the default Facility or Property Attributes or add new Attributes to a Facility or Property.
- Add or Modify the Templates for a given Facility Type.
- Create a Property or modify the names of existing ones without changing any other Attribute.
- Add one or more Facilities within the Property or modify the existing ones.
- Identify whether the Property or Facility is operational, retrofitted, or dismantled. If needed, update the state of the particular Property or Facility.
This documentation provide an overview of the Facility API including some of the core endpoints of the API. For more information about the complete set of endpoints available, see the Facility API Reference.
The following topics broadly explain the workflow defined in the preceding list:
Updated 3 months ago